Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Good Day

I got a call back from my midwives today saying that my glucose tests were perfect. Yay! I still officially don't have gestational diabetes, which is a relief to me because I was feeling a little bit like this was all my fault. I'm going to pick up my glucometer and other equipment today and will go in tomorrow morning to get trained in how to use it. The bad news: I found out I'll have to do at least a week of pricking my finger FOUR times a day! Oh well, whatever it takes for this little man to be healthy. I'm also scheduled to visit the nutritionist tomorrow and map out a game plan for my eating. I'm kind of glad for that appointment because I'm hoping it will help me be a little more creative with my high protein, low carb meal planning.

I also feel like I'm really adjusting to our new situation for giving birth. For a few days, everything felt like it was happening in a story but not really to me. Not necessarily because it was so bad, but more because it all seemed to happen so fast. But I've had a ton of people encourage me with prayer, stories, and offers to help (THANK YOU!), and I feel like we're already seeing the good that is coming out of all this. (Maybe I can share some of that later.) This new game plan is beginning to feel a lot more "normal," rather than an idea I'm getting used to, and I feel like I'm already beginning to walk forward on this new path God is leading us down, rather than still sitting at the crossroads wondering what happened.

Again, thank you to everyone who is praying, encouraging, and helping out. It has been amazing to feel so supported and loved through all of this, and I feel like you guys are the ones who helped give us the boost to begin moving forward again. We love you guys!

No comments: